Wednesday, January 28, 2009

735 days, but who's counting?

Having been in the fitness industry for over five years now, I've certainly seen people in all shapes and sizes. Exercise enthusiasts from all walks of life have counted on me to motivate them and show them the safest way towards healthier living. Few clients possess the intrinsic motivation to get in all their workouts and push it 100%, but I'm fortunate to have one on my team of clients.

Today I wanted to take a moment to congratulate Larry B. (no, not Larry Bird) on achieving a goal I haven't come across in all my years of training. While we all try to get in all our scheduled workouts, Larry has done something few, if any, have. He has completed his daily exercise routine for 2 years (735+ days) straight. I know you're probably thinking that some of the days were a quick 15 minutes here or there, but no. Larry starts his day (at around 3 or 4 AM, mind you) with 2 hours of exercise. I've never encountered anyone who pushes it as hard as he does, while maintaining a quality social, family, and work life. Admittedly, I think he does too much, but the workouts keep him grounded and relieve stress.

Great job Larry! Maybe you'll finally take a day off like I've been asking you to do all this time :-)

No comments: