Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Thursday, April 16, 2015
- Get at least 15 minutes of simple exercise, like walking, biking, swimming or gardening, each day.
- Attend a balance and exercise program designed to help build balance, strength and flexibility.
- Ask your healthcare provider for an assessment of your risk of falling.
- Review your medications with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Get your vision and hearing checked, and talk to your vision and hearing specialists about falls.
- Eat regularly and choose a variety of vegetables and calcium-rich foods.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
I just wrapped up a Group Exercise program this week for Chelmsford Municipal employees. It went very well. We covered a host of exercise modalities including conditioning drills, strength training with resistance bands, and balance work. I always enjoy getting back the completed evaluations from the participants. The feedback was overwhelmingly positive. Here's what a few of my students had to say...
- "Paul C. is the best! Great trainer- patient, observant, always ready to suggest a modification, kept a good pace, challenging enough but no so hard we get discouraged."
- Paul Connolly is a terrific coach- motivating instructor! He is passionate about his job, patient with students and offers positive reinforcement with encouraging words. Great coaching skills, fun music, humor, and positive energy."
- "Paul was a fantastic teacher, very encouraging and happy to answer any questions we had. He also taught us a wide range of exercises and stretches every week. I really enjoyed each week and looked forward to working hard every week."
- "I thoroughly enjoyed the entire class and thought Paul was a great instructor, especially his detail to instruction. I never really took a class that touched upon a little of everything. I really liked it and wished the gym had a class like Paul's!!"
- "Paul is a great coach. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, funny, and motivating. He sends weekly emails with lots of helpful information regarding health, exercise, and overall well-being. I strongly encourage other employees to take his class as I always get so much out of his programs."
- "I would take this class over and over- best thing I do for myself all week. Paul was a supportive instructor and the class was very challenging, but Paul was easy to follow and modifies exercises as needed."
- "Paul was very attentive to making sure everyone was safely working hard."
- "I looked forward to each class. I felt thoroughly energized after each class."
- "I've learned to focus on my breathing which has certainly helped me to be successful with the exercise positions. Paul is a wonderful instructor. He has a comforting demeanor. He explains every move with precision for anyone to be successful. He is extremely encouraging and has a great sense of humor."
- "Paul did a great job of doing the exercises with the group. He was easy to follow and very supportive of everyone."
- "This class increased my overall strength & balance and increased cardio tolerance. Instructor was awesome! Always patient and challenging."
- "Paul Connolly is motivating, pleasant, informative, and focused on improving the health of his participants."
- "Excellent explanation and demonstration of each exercise and stretch, including the modifications."
- "Excellent instructor- explained why we were doing exercises and always gave modifications."
- "Paul is excellent at motivating and being positive"
- "Paul Connolly is an awesome instructor. He was so personable. He shared great tips and modifications to those of us who were older. He was very motivational. Great class!"
- "I enjoyed working with Paul. No matter what level you are at, it can work."