Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Your First Instinct Is Significantly More Challenge


I just got done reading my 8th book of 2009 (yes I track the books I read, and yes I know I'm a nerd) titled "The Instinct Diet." Anyway, I'll be doing a full review in a future newsletter, but for now I wanted to highlight one point I liked. Author Susan Roberts, PhD., discussed how when people want to lose weight, the majority of them believe increasing their physical activity should be their first step. It spoke to me because I encounter this all the time.

Improving nutrition habits should occur FIRST. Of course exercising helps, but you'll be wasting your time if all you do is exercise more. No workout plan is going to EVER outperform a poor nutrition plan. Start slow (i.e. increase veggie intake by 1-2 servings daily and cut out all fried and high-saturated food for 3 weeks, THEN focus on a 2nd goal). Several small steps ad up over the long haul. Email me if you need any specific advice.

No comments: