Thursday, January 27, 2011
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
1. Connect with nature. Next to the grandeur of nature, your problems seem very small.
2. Inhabit your body. Breathe, move, dance, run — anything that helps you feel awake and alive.
3. Find a community. Seek out people who are honest and fun, who will listen and tell the truth.
4. Clean house. Literally and metaphorically, clear out the clutter that complicates your life.
5. Cherish beauty. Try to put beauty in your path each day and take the time to enjoy it.
6. Open Your Heart. Give of yourself. Generosity breeds abundance.
7. Create. Make something. Paint, sculpt, cook, plant a garden, keep a journal.
8. Celebrate life. Eat good food, have a party, travel, laugh a lot.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
While general movements like pushing, pulling, squatting, and lunging are all important to an athlete, one neglected component remains grip strength. Various sports (i.e. baseball, basketball, hockey) require optimum grip strength and this needs to be included in one's strength and conditioning regimen. I began doing grip work in high school to limit being stripped of the basketball and I noticed big improvements. To enhance your grip strength, a fantastic training modality to incorporate is thick ropes. Check out the video above of thick rope pull-ups (weighted vest not required initially). They are super challenging!
Friday, January 07, 2011
Thursday, January 06, 2011
I will do this by exercising six days per week for a minimum of 30 mins
This will include metabolism boosting resistance training three times per week for a minimum of 45 mins.
I will meet with a trainer at least once a week for my resistance training sessions.
I will then continue on a three times per week program including 30 mins of resistance training and 30 mins of cardio for the next 6 weeks.
I will cut 500 calories from my diet and track this.
Sunday, January 02, 2011
In 2010, I gained ____.
I lost ____.
I stopped ____.
I started ____.
I was hugely satisfied by ____.
And frustrated by ____.
I am so embarrassed that I ____.
Once again, I ____.
Once again, I did not _____
The biggest physical difference between me last December and this December is ____.
I loved spending time ____.
Why did I spend even two minutes ____?
I should have spent more time ____.
I regret buying ____.
I will never regret buying ____ even though with that money I could have bought ____.
I ____ way too much.
I didn’t ____ enough.
____ drove me crazy.
Was ____ crazier than ever last year? Or was it me?
The most relaxing place I went was ____.
I feel so ____ when I write that down.
Why did I go to ____?
The best thing I did for someone else was ____.
The best thing I did for myself was ____.
The best thing someone did for me was ____.
The one thing I’d like to do again, but do it better, is ____.