Monday, March 26, 2012
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I didn't write this, just sharing it for those who have never read it:
Tips for a Better Life
1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Sleep for 7 hours.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Play more games.
6. Read more books than you did the previous year.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
14. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
15. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
16. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
17. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
18. Smile and laugh more.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Don't compare your partner with others.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Forgive everyone for everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
28. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
29. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
30. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
31. The best is yet to come.
32. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
33. Do the right thing!
34. Call your family often.
35. Your inner most is always happy. So be happy.
36. Each day give something good to others.
37. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
38. Share this with someone you care about.
Sunday, March 18, 2012
- "Paul explained every exercise as we were participating and made sure we were doing it the correct way...he made the program awesome!"
- "Paul Connolly gives a great class/workout. His knowledge of activity, nutrition, and what our bodies need to perform at their best, is unmatched! It's a rewarding and beneficial experience for me."
- "Paul was most respectful of our ages and abilities."
- "...enthusiastic instructor helped keep me motivated. His weekly emails were informative, and a good reminder to keep up with fitness in between classes."
- "Paul made the class fun with his great sense of humor."
- "Paul was great at pushing us to do more than we think we can do."
- "Paul Connolly demonstrated all exercises so that I could follow. I did more than I thought I could. I thought the entire program was beneficial to me."
- "Paul is the 'Trainer Bob' (Biggest Loser) of Woburn."
- "Paul's class was full every week. People did not try it and quit- they kept coming which indicates that it was a success!"
- "I appreciated Paul's positive approach."
- "Paul's upbeat personality is motivating and his expectations are appropriate."
- "The class was great. I really noticed an improvement in my balance and my abs felt tighter."
- "Paul was so motivating and I enjoyed his program once again."
Friday, March 09, 2012
- Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water per day.
- Make sure your fish is wild caught and not farm raised.
- Rotate your food choices. Don’t eat the exact same thing day after day.
- Buy locally at farmers markets as much as possible. Stick it to the man.