Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
"Kettlebells are a great tool, but since the explosion of the kettlebell cults, dumbbells have taken a backseat in training. Funny, but no one ever takes a picture with a dumbbell, yet I see more shots every day of people carrying a kettlebell like it was his or her first-born.
I have nothing against kettlebells and use them in my training. I just wonder if the KB explosion would've ever happened without the Internet? Kettlebell shirts, kettlebell necklaces...
Poor dumbbells, I'll miss them."
Sunday, July 24, 2011
"There's working out and there's training. Training is when you have a progressive plan with measurable goals and continual challenges. Working out is anything that makes you sweaty and tired but not necessarily bigger or stronger because it lacks consistency, direction and specificity.
I used to work out.
Now? I train."
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
- The national average age of a health club member is 40.7 years old
- The avg. # of visits per year a person goes to their health club is 102
Friday, July 15, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Wednesday, July 06, 2011
Tuesday, July 05, 2011
- wearing a pedometer to track your daily movement
- keeping your workouts efficient
- running with a friend
- trying a new stretch
- Make the commitment
- Make it public
- Make it happen
- Make no exceptions
Sunday, July 03, 2011
- Less than 6% of graduating physicians receive formal training in nutrition
- Good health makes a lot of sense, but it doesn't make a lot dollars
- 2 handfuls of cashews give you a therapeutic dose of Prozac
- What's going on in the mind can be influenced by the nutrients in foods