Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Group Exercise Program Recap

I finished teaching a Group Exercise program today for city employees in Woburn, MA. The participants were outstanding and the attendance was some of the best I've ever seen. Many times, people don't stick to the program but they did and I appreciate that. In addition, the feedback I received was overwhelmingly positive. I have individuals complete evaluations after the programs end and I wanted to share some of the wonderful comments I received:
  • "The Conditioning ('Cardio') component felt that Paul was not easy on us; he really made us work and I enjoyed that"
  • "Paul pushed everyone to do what they didn't think they were capable of"
  • "Paul was extremely motivating and utilized fantastic music every class"
Admittedly, I was humbled to receive a very lengthy and extremely positive feedback from one participant who has battled Plantarfasciits. Having been through it myself, I know how painful and frustrating it can be. She wrote the following:
"Paul was available before & after class and via e-mail. I was having pain and e-mailed Paul about it. He responded almost immediately, with suggestions to alleviate the pain and included video attachments to show me what to do. His information was very helpful. I was able to attend the last class with zero additional pain. He also provided modified versions of his exercises to help me not put too much pressure on my feet. Paul has e-mailed the group weekly with informative newsletters. He really puts it all out there for us and cares. This is my 2nd time attending a class with Paul as an instructor. He is an asset to the program. He really provides a great workout. His pleasant demeanor and sense of humor make the class enjoyable."

Reading the aforementioned comments from group exercise participants and receiving daily positive feedback from clients continues to reaffirm my thought process that I know I picked the right career path! It's amazing how fulfilling it is watching people make positive changes in their lives through dedication and consistent hard work. It honestly makes me work harder. Positivity is contagious.

No comments: