Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Come on Honey. Live a Little.

I've worked with many small groups over the years, but one specific type of group that never fails to be an interesting experience is when I work with couples. Specifically, when it's a couple of significant others. Often times, there is a "weaker link in the chain," but we make it work. One situation that admittedly bothers me is when I work with an individual and their significant other who doesn't exercise or eat right brings the person I am training down.

Ironically, the Boston Globe ran an article on this very topic a few days ago. The article discusses what happens when one spouse's enjoyment is another's blown diet. Like the article mentions, I've certainly experienced a situation where the "lazy weak link" at home feels threatened by their newly-confident partner. Additionally, feelings of guilt are often present in these types of scenarios. Check out the full article by clicking the following link: http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/articles/2011/03/17/dieting_is_tough_enough_without_adding_a_sabotaging_if_well_intentioned_spouse_to_the_mix/

No comments: