Monday, February 02, 2009

Scholarship


As you may or not be aware, I am in my 2nd year of basketball officiating. I enrolled in a course with the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (I.A.A.B.O.) @ Tufts University a couple years ago, and was fortunate enough to score a 90 on the exam. While many consider officiating a "thankless" job, I thoroughly enjoy it. There is so much to learn and it really makes you appreciate the game.

Anyway, this morning my officials' board had a meeting @ Tufts University and I was happy to learn that I was one of 9 recipients who earned a scholarship to attend the annual IAABO officials camp in June. Luckily, the venue has been moved to Boston University this summer. Having worked there in the past, I'll have no problem navigating my way around.
The camp will feature high level veteran college officials who will analyze my officiating. I will receive counseling from the officials as well as have games I referee that weekend taped and analyzed, all in an effort to improve the quality of my officiating. I plan on using this camp to move up the ladder, and one day officiate at the collegiate level.

No comments: