Sunday, November 09, 2008

What Would I Do Without TJ's?


Trader Joe's, AKA "my home away from home," has so many incredible offerings I can't recommend them highly enough. Most people I talk to have heard of TJ's, but still so many have never been. There's a common misnomer that it's a "health food store" or that it's overpriced. Neither description could be further from the truth. Sure, they carry the basics like milk, bread and butter, but there is so much beyond that.


Here are 10 of my favorites in no particular order that I purchase on a regular basis:


  • Buffalo steak (bison) burgers

  • Part-skim string cheese

  • Almond butter

  • Ground turkey meat

  • Roasted red pepper hummus

  • Wild salmon (TJ's carries frozen fish only)

  • Banana-flavored waffles

  • Morningstar sausage (soy-based) breakfast patties

  • Greek-style fat-free yogurt

  • Omega-3 eggs

No comments: