Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"What's THE BEST ________ Paul?"

People often ask me the best questions as I call them. For example, I'll entertain queries like:
  • "What's the best exercise for my abs?"

  • "What's the best way to lose weight?"

  • "What's the best way to gain muscle?"

  • "What's the best supplement to take?"

While my typical response to the aforementioned questions is "it depends," I can honestly say that beyond Precision Nutrition (http://precisionnutrition.com/cmd.php?pageid=987117), the best piece of nutrition literature I suggest checking out is Nutrition Action Health Letter. Published 10 times/year by the Center for Science in the Public Interest, it's the publication I advocate all the groups I teach to subscribe to. It's super cheap, informative, and a great resource. There are specific issues I refer to when analyzing supplement ingredients with clients. I keep most issues and archive them, and will undoubtedly continue to refer to them down the road.

For more information, check out the following: http://cspinet.org/

No comments: