Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Rule of 23


The #23 is famous for a bunch of reasons. I always think of Michael Jordan when I see the #23, but in this case I'm talking about 23 hours, the difference in the amount of time a client has before/after they see me to adequately care for their body. As I continue to preach to my clients, it's not what occurs during the training session. Rather, it's what happens between sessions that's crucial.


What needs to happen between sessions to accomplish your goals you ask? Regardless of your goals, the following should be your general checklist:
  • 7-9 hours of sleep, going to bed and waking up around the same time [this includes weekends]

  • adequate hydration

  • getting up every 20-30 min. at work to stretch/walk around (loosen up the tight pecs and rounded shoulders you overstress at work sitting at your desk every day)

  • stress management (i.e. keeping a journal, engaging in healthy activities you enjoy)

  • proper nutrition (good fats, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates)

No comments: