Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Having a Routine is Crucial


Do you have a systematic plan as to how you are going to go about today's workout? How about when it comes to tackling the necessary nutrition modifications? And that project around the house you've been putting off? My point is this: to make true change, you've got to structure a systematic "plan of attack." Look to the successful ones who get it done on a daily basis, in whatever context that is applicable to your given goal(s), and mirror their game plan. One person I look to is Ray Allen, of your World Champion Boston Celtics. He's my favorite player for various reasons, but one that stands out is consistency in his daily routine. He eats the same thing before games, leaves for the stadium at the same time, has a specific shoot-around program, etc... He achieves what he sets out to because of his specific plan of attack. He doesn't stray from what works.

Admittedly, I need to improve upon this just like many reading this do. Having a consistent routine will eventually makes things second nature. I used to never drink water, now I've got a bottle with me all the time. Some people struggle getting in their daily exercise, but having a buddy go with them helps them get it done. Whatever works for you that helps get the job done is something you have to stick with. Keep it consistent.


I've taken the liberty of posting a couple links below to recent articles on Ray Allen and his unmatched work ethic that I use sometimes as motivating tools. Maybe they'll work for you too:




No comments: