Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Moving Closer to Your Dream

Motivational Coach Dr. Rob Gilbert has a 4-step plan towards achieving goals that I was recently reading about and wanted to share with you:
  1. Make the commitment
  2. Make it public
  3. Make it happen
  4. Make no exceptions
So simple, yet SO effective! While Step 3 is all about actually getting it done, I think Step 2 is extremely underrated and typically ill-executed. That is, many people may THINK of a goal, but how many actually take the time to MAKE IT PUBLIC. I engage in this with my clients as I often share my personal training goals with them. Additionally, I have goals I have had written out on the whiteboard in my office since the beginning of the year. SEEING THESE GOALS EVERY DAY improves my success rate.

Take the time to make your goals public and jot them down in a place you will see them every day. Additionally, be sure to lay out the specific steps that must be undertaken to achieve these goals. "I want to lose 10 lbs. by the end of the summer" is a nice goal, but laying out the steps as to the daily/weekly activities necessary to achieve these goals is the most important part of it all.

No comments: