Monday, January 11, 2010

Posterior Chain Development


One of the same questions I tend to get asked over and over from women is how to improve their glutes. As they say, "Paul, how can I make my butt look better?" There's actually quite a few exercises to improve your "posterior chain." These include lunge variations and deadlift variations to name a couple.



That being said, the exercise I often use when I do bilateral (2-legged) lower body work is "Stiff-Legged Deadlifts." You'll see from the video above to keep a flat back, while pushing through your heels and squeezing your butt at the top without arching your back.

It goes without saying your backside won't look like Jessica Biel's overnight from a few sets of this exercise, but it'll sure put you on your way :-)
E-mail me (paulconnolly123@gmail.com) if you have any questions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm