Sunday, October 18, 2009

Follow-up on Circuit Training Exercise


I had a few people last week ask me about an article I wrote for a local health club. I had written a circuit training workout for people to do when they are strapped for time, and one of the exercises I suggested was "Mountain Climbers." As a means of demonstration, check out the video above for a description.

If you're curious, here is the article I wrote:

October, 2009 Fitness Tip
-Paul Connolly, NSCA-CPT

It’s that time of year again when “back to school” mode is in the rear-view mirror and we look for efficient workout programs to implement. Many clients I work with who are always looking for a quick and effective workout, particularly if they know they can’t get to the gym. Here’s one I’ve used with clients that engages all major muscle groups, requires no equipment, and takes a maximum of 10 measly minutes:

Jumping Jacks (15 sec)
Push-ups (15 sec)
Mountain Climbers (15 sec)
Bodyweight Squats (15 sec)

Perform the above 5x at a good pace, resting 30-60 seconds between circuits)


No comments: