Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Great job Lunenberg Fire Dept.


Monday's schedule took me out to Lunenberg, Massachusetts where I conducted a 90-minute strength & conditioning seminar for their Fire Department. The folks who came did a great job. We went over a lot of the FAQ's on exercise and reviewed form and technique on about 15 different exercises. I made it a point to stress that a lot of their exercises can be done by using their own body weight (i.e push ups and split squats). In addition, many of the folks hadn't been using the fire dept. fitness center, but I think many of them now will.


I'll most likely head back in the fall for a follow-up program. Between then and now, I'll have them check in with me individually over the summer like I do with a lot of other clients I've worked with in the past. It's a great way to stay motivated and ensure proper exercise progressions are intact.


Great job Lunenberg. Can't wait to see you in the near future!

No comments: