Saturday, April 14, 2012

Buddy System

I recently spoke to a group in Franklin, MA about various ways to improve exercise retention. Many of them were active but since the program I was teaching had come to an end, they were concerned about being able to keep up their exercise on their own without checking in with me. I suggested several options, but the one I advocate the most is engaging a buddy (co-worker, loved one, neighbor, friend, etc...) to join in your exercise & nutrition pursuits. You can help motivate each other and keep one another accountable. I often have challenges amongst clients and have held inter-office challenges with various incentives. Make it fun and keep it interesting/diversified. Shoot me an email for specific tips (paulconnolly123@gmail.com). Good luck and have fun!

Penny and Lil' Penny pictured motivating each other :-)

No comments: