Monday, April 16, 2007

Spring Seminar Summary



Last Tuesday, April 10th, Sports Psychologist Dr. John Oleski, Ph.D. and I conducted a Spring Goal-Setting/Motivation & Fitness seminar at Waverley Oaks Athletic Club in Waltham, MA. It was a fairly small crowd, compiled of club members, staff, and even a few of my clients. I applaud my clients in particular for coming, as I'm shocked they could stand to listen to me babble about fitness after dealing with me at our training sessions.

At the seminar, John covered the topic of goal setting and motivation, discussing sub-topics such as positive and negative self-talk, the benefits of writing down your goals, and delineating the difference between "missions" and "goals." John is extremely focused as I see him working out on a regular basis in Waltham as he prepares for his master's track and field competitions.

My portion of the seminar was a 20-minute lecture entitled "13 Steps to a Successful Fitness Regimen." I knew a good portion of the audience needed some of the "basics" clarified as to how to structure their fitness routines, so I thought by doing something like this it would cover a lot of the FAQs people had. I got some great feedback on what I discussed.

John and I each awarded an audience member with a free consultation to meet with each of us. Overall, it was a great night and we're looking to set up future seminars at Waverley Oaks and other local venues. If you're reading this and you were in attendance that night, thank you for your continued support.

No comments: