Sunday, November 02, 2008

Belly busting warning


We've just entered the time of the year I consider the MOST IMPORTANT for the general public (non-collegiate/pro athletes). October thru March are the 6 months of the year where people in the Northeast "hibernate" the most. That is, they tend to stay indoors more and seem to move less. Surely, this is mostly due to the colder temperatures, but I blame a portion of it on there being less daylight. Depression rates increase this time of year, as does average body weight levels.


I've been talking with quite a few clients recently about this lately. My message is simple: from now through March are going to be the 6 most important training months of your life. The LAST thing you want to happen is for April and May to roll around and having to look back saying "man, I really should have pushed myself harder for its beach time now and I am not happy with my physical appearance."


I'll admit I'm guilty of it. Last year I didn't push myself and this past summer I wasn't happy and regretted not pushing myself harder. It goes without saying that this isn't just a "gym thing." Rather, you need to push yourself when it comes to the nutrition side of things. Lean protein, complex carbs, fiber, etc... are your keys to success. I've made the pledge to train my butt off these next 6 months and you should too. Let's look back at this blog entry (rant) and be proud of ourselves together. I'm trying to being as healthy as I can be- just like you.


Good luck!

No comments: