I just came across the 2012 Health Club Consumer Report from the International Health & Racquet Sportclub Association (IHRSA). They are as follows:
- Members visited fitness facilities an average of 102.5 times in 2011.
- Consumers paid an average of $42.55 in monthly membership fees
- 6.4 million Americans used personal training in 2011
- Those members who visited their club at least 100 days per year were...
- more likely to be male than female
- about 42.9 years old
- had at least a college degree
- had been a member for an average of 5.4 years