Saturday, March 28, 2009

New addition to my daily treat


If you're a follower of my blog, you know by now that Greek yogurt is one of my favorite snacks. Over the years, I've used various items to flavor it up, from Stevia to blueberries to honey. This week, I tried some fresh pineapple chunks with a dash of granola. Yum! Give it a try and let me know what you think.


Pineapples are nutritionally packed members of the bromeliad family. This delightful tropical fruit is high in the enzyme bromelain and the antioxidant vitamin C, both of which play a major role in the body's healing process. Bromelain is a natural anti-inflammatory that has many health benefits and encourages healing. According to Dr. Andrew Weil, bromelain is very effective in treating bruises, sprains and strains by reducing swelling, tenderness and pain. This powerful anti-inflammatory effect can also help relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and reduce postoperative swelling. Additionally, the bromelain contained in fresh pineapple can relieve indigestion. This enzyme helps break down the amino acid bonds in proteins, which promotes good digestion.


No comments: