Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tennis anyone?


Thanks to the suggestion of one of my top personal training clients, I'm back playing tennis again after a long hiatus (9 years to be exact). I actually used to play (and teach) tennis from as young as I can remember up through high school. For one reason or another, I stopped playing when I moved away to college and never got back into it. Now that I have access to clay courts, it's fun experiencing the game on a different surface thank I grew up on.


From a strength and conditioning standpoint, some of the greatest attributes of tennis is that it offers multi-directional movements, improvements in agility, and enhances your cardiovascular health. Thanks Matt for getting me back into enjoying the game I love. I'll end this post with admitting that I did lose my first "match" back, 6-4.

No comments: