Monday, August 06, 2007

Fitness Fundraiser




Last weekend, I was invited to participate in a fitness challenge for charity at the Acton Indoor Sports Complex. The event was set up to raise money for Franciscan Hospital for Children. There were 4 divisions, each separated into men’s and women’s sub-divisions. Teams were comprised of 3 people, and each team competed in 5 events (standing broad jump, medicine ball reverse scoop throw, weighted rope pull, sled push, and an obstacle course). The latter had 3 phases to it, so my team strategized who would do which leg of the race. Not only did I have a great time, but my team won 1st place in our division! I’m looking forward to defending our title at next year’s event. We had a great workout, met lots of enthusiastic and positive people, and raised a lot of money for charity. All good things.

No comments: